Saturday, June 22, 2013

New Head Shots, Work, and College

It's been a crazy spring and early summer. After wrapping up the college auditions, waiting for acceptances and rejections, I finally made my decision. It was tough for a number of reasons, but I chose Coastal Carolina University where I will pursue a BFA degree in Musical Theatre. I've always struggled with making decisions, and this was no exception. I was in the middle of a showcase for some great agents out of NY and LA, so I was stuck with "Should I go pro or should I go to school?" In the midst of all this, I graduated, turned 18 and began getting several work offers, as well as some really great auditions and feedback from casting directors. Needless to say, it only complicated things. In the end, I didn't sign a new contract and decided to go to school, even if it means slowing down on the professional work front. It's scary to back down when I feel like I have so much momentum going. I will keep striving to maintain a balance of work and school, but I just need to focus on my skills for a little while. So, come August I will move south and begin a new path...GO CHANTS! As part of my showcase prep, I had some terrific new headshots done with Joe Henson in NYC . Hope you like them!

No comments: